 Robotics / 26813
26812  |  26814
Subject:
Controlling NXT with bluetooth input device 1/3
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 1 Feb 2007 02:46:49 GMT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9T8mhLtp0k

After watching the video-clip above I wanted to do that with my NXT.

I didn't know how to do that. :(

But, I did it after four days of trial and error.

It cost me about $50 excluding the price of NXT. (teers)

I searched on Nabble, Nxtasy, Msdn, Google, etc..

And sometimes I impudently wrote questions on the forums.

It surely broght me a lot of stress.

=============

The first way I thought of was to send signals directly from bluetooth
mouse(which cost me about $35) to NXT,

and to make NXT react to the signal but..

Problem 1. The form of signals that bluetooth mouse and Nxt use are
different.

             (Simply, NXT only understands command "Go!", but the mouse
continues to shout "forward"!)

Problem 2. Bluetooth mouse supports HID signals, while NXT supports SPP.

             (They speak different language.)

DARN!

=============

Second way I thought was to put bluetooth dongle($15) to my computer, catch
the signal of the mouse with computer, translate to SPP signal, and shoot it
to NXT.

Problem 1. I don't know how to translate;

Problem 2. I don't know how to shoot bluetooth signal.

problem 3. I don't know how to analyze the bluetooth signal.

=============

The third way I thought of!

I finally found the program that can shoot SPP bluetooth signal to NXT

It's open source program called OnBrick.

I didn't know how to translate HID signal to SPP,

so I tried to send signals based on changes of coordinates of the bluetooth
mouse.

Problem 1. OnBrick was made with C#.net (I am a dumb at C#)

Problem 2. Mouse coordinates kept changing when I even touched the mouse a
little so NXT went crazy.

Problem 3. If the mouse pointer reaches the top of the screen It couldn,t
move any more.

==============

But I finally found VERY easy way to do that. (It was to simple that I
thought four days of works were useless.)

I want to make a video clip of it but I don't have a video camera so I will
upload it later with the way to do it.

By the way I made a blog. Plz visit :)

If you have any questions, or if you find any misspelling or wrong grammar

please mail me(cianism@gmail.com) or leave a note at my
blog(http://blog.naver.com/cianism)

you can leave an reply by clicking "덧글'. I will answer asap.

Have a nice day.