 Robotics / 26701
26700  |  26702
Subject:
Not eXactly C beta news (NBC)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 9 Jan 2007 23:46:52 GMT

I have released a new beta (b21) of NBC with built-in support for the Not
eXactly C (NXC) programming language.  The sourcecode and the Win32 binary are
already up on the NBC website.  The Mac OSX binary and Linux binary will be up
later this evening.

This release

- Adds NXC API macro ResetMotor(ports)
- Adds support in NXC for the ?: expression
- Adds support in NXC for the switch statement
- Adds the following NQC compatibility macros in NXCDefs.h:
    S1
    S2
    S3
    S4
    SENSOR_1
    SENSOR_2
    SENSOR_3
    SENSOR_4
    SENSOR_TYPE_NONE
    SENSOR_TYPE_TOUCH
    SENSOR_TYPE_TEMPERATURE
    SENSOR_TYPE_LIGHT
    SENSOR_TYPE_ROTATION
    SENSOR_TYPE_LIGHT_ACTIVE
    SENSOR_TYPE_LIGHT_INACTIVE
    SENSOR_TYPE_SOUND_DB
    SENSOR_TYPE_SOUND_DBA
    SENSOR_TYPE_CUSTOM
    SENSOR_TYPE_LOWSPEED
    SENSOR_TYPE_LOWSPEED_9V
    SENSOR_TYPE_HIGHSPEED
    SENSOR_MODE_RAW
    SENSOR_MODE_BOOL
    SENSOR_MODE_EDGE
    SENSOR_MODE_PULSE
    SENSOR_MODE_PERCENT
    SENSOR_MODE_CELSIUS
    SENSOR_MODE_FAHRENHEIT
    SENSOR_MODE_ROTATION
    SENSOR_TOUCH
    SENSOR_LIGHT
    SENSOR_ROTATION
    SENSOR_CELSIUS
    SENSOR_FAHRENHEIT
    SENSOR_PULSE
    SENSOR_EDGE
    SetSensor(sensor, tm)
- Fixes an NXC shift right and shift left bug introduced in b20.
- Fixes an NXC macro subsitution bug in the "until" macro.
- Modifies GetOutput and GetInput API functions so that the port parameter no
  longer accepts an expression (must be a variable or constant value)

Come and get it! :-)  Also come get the newest test release of BricxCC with
updated templates for NBC, NPG, and NXC as well as updated syntax highlighting
and code completion support for the latest NBC/NXC beta.

Please email me regarding any problems you encounter and with any
suggestions/comments you may wish to share.

John Hansen
http://bricxcc.sourceforge.net/
http://bricxcc.sourceforge.net/nbc/