 Robotics / 26396
26395  |  26397
Subject:
NXT Explorer first draft in BricxCC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 2 Sep 2006 03:38:47 GMT

I've uploaded a new test_release zip containing BricxCC with a first draft of a
new NXT Explorer tool window.  It looks pretty slick but it is a long way from
being complete.  In the next few days it'll have all kinds of features added to
it, including such things as memory dump of running programs, live variable
inspection and modification, drag and drop copy operations, double click to
execute, edit, or play programs, icons, and sounds, and lots more.  You can
bring up the NXT Explorer tool in two ways.  Either select Tools|NXT Explorer or
click the run button when no editor windows are open (in both cases you need to
have selected NXT as your brick type and be connected to the brick).

The test_release zip also includes a preview of Beta 7 for NBC.  At the moment
it is just a lot faster when handling preprocessor macros.  By the time I get
the official beta ready (hopefully by Monday) it will also have the ability to
generate a symbol table for programs you compile or for decompiled executables
(where the variable names are auto-generated).

And the test release has a new version of NeXTTool with memory dump support (to
text or binary file).

Please try out the NXT Explorer and, if you would, please email me your
suggestions for what you would like to be able to do with this tool.  Just the
other day a fellow on the LEGO Mindstorms forums was wondering if it was
possible to save his templates so that he could restore them after reverting to
the Default template values.  I thought that was a great idea so after a few
minutes the Templates tab had a new Save and Load button.

Thanks!

John Hansen
http://bricxcc.sourceforge.net/