 Robotics / 26158
    Re: thoughts on gbc module reliability —Philippe Hurbain
   ...and then, after lots of testing and verifications, you get the problem of mechanical wear! Some designs are more sensitive to that than others. For example my Archimede screw ((URL) that initially worked reliably is now unusable after several (...) (18 years ago, 30-Jun-06, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: thoughts on gbc module reliability —Brian Davis
   (...) Yeah, that's a good point. I've yet to have a module fail due to wear, but for at least one of my modules I've actually found a dusting of yellow ABS under certain axles by the end of the day. I guess part of this is just due to the fact that (...) (18 years ago, 30-Jun-06, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: thoughts on gbc module reliability —Jordan Bradford
   (...) My pirate ship fired balls using a spinning LEGO tire like a pitching machine. By the end of Brickfest the tire was completely bald, and there were small flecks of black rubber all over the place. You can test, test, and test some more, but (...) (18 years ago, 30-Jun-06, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: thoughts on gbc module reliability —Rafe Donahue
   (...) Agreed. That's why I think that testing is one thing, but situational testing is something else. Over the last week, I have run nearly 25000 balls through my latest experiment. I think the trick is to set things up to feed themselves, (...) (18 years ago, 30-Jun-06, to lugnet.robotics)