 Robotics / 26099
26098  |  26100
Subject:
Great Ball Contraption
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 19 Jun 2006 16:12:15 GMT

Greetings all,
I am helping out planning for the GBC event at Brickfest this year and I have a
couple questions for the community:

1. Is there enough interest to warrant our own t-shirt/mug sales at the event?
2. Should I bring a bunch to the event to sell to those interested? (Go here to
see...http://www.cafepress.com/ballcontraption)
3. If #1 and #2 above are lukewarm to non-existent, what would the community
like to see?
4. I am devising a full-blown mindstorms/gbc/NXT discussions forum and am almost
ready for deployment.  Should I continue or are most people happy to stick with
Lugnet.robotics, etc.?

I am aware of diverse opinions on this last point.  Some said wait until NXT is
released, others said lugnet is fine.  Sue herself has said basically wait and
see, but its basically fine as is.  It struck me as needed due to the biased
nature of the traffic volume in the various subgoups.  In other words I think
that NXT discussions will drown out traffic in whatever groups that its
currently posted in.

David Hurley
www.greatballcontraption.com