 Robotics / 26061
    Re: Newbie needs Help (diff sensor) —steve
   (...) I would have expected that compression would be a good thing because it would increase the area of the 'contact patch' - which increases traction - which is a good thing - right? (18 years ago, 7-Jun-06, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Newbie needs Help (diff sensor) —Philippe Hurbain
   (...) Not so obvious. If you increase the surface the pressure per surface unit decreases proportionnaly (at least on hard surface)... Actually I would expect little or no variation in traction power. Philo (18 years ago, 7-Jun-06, to lugnet.robotics)