 Robotics / 26056
    Re: Newbie needs Help —Dave Curtis
   (...) Thought provoking question. It led me to the conclusion that when the bot is generating it's maximum possible drawbar pull (as limited by the motor and drive train), the weight on the undriven front wheels (I'm assuming a rear wheel drive (...) (18 years ago, 7-Jun-06, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Newbie needs Help —steve
   (...) That makes sense. (...) Yeah - I agree. So we have to sum some force vectors here. If our robot is pulling to the left, we have a horizontal 'drive' force to the left and a force in the tow rope going off to the right - plus a force due to (...) (18 years ago, 7-Jun-06, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Newbie needs Help —Dave Curtis
   (...) I'm with you until we get here. Attaching at the front of a long nose feels like a bad idea. Any side force on the tow rope will tend to pull the robot off course, and once slightly off course the force only gets worse. In any case, a (...) (18 years ago, 7-Jun-06, to lugnet.robotics)