 Robotics / 25948
    Re: A Beautiful Machine prototype and perhaps a challenge/idea —Rafe Donahue
    (...) <snip> (...) <snip> It is slightly more complicated than that. In order to make it go up slow enough to be interesting, I had to gear down the speed of the motor. As such I go from 8 teeth (I think) on the motor to the big 40 (?) teeth on the (...) (18 years ago, 11-May-06, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: A Beautiful Machine prototype and perhaps a challenge/idea —Ross Crawford
   (...) Very nifty! Another way would be to have a second switch that is on except when the scissors are at the bottom, and wire it in parallel with the activation switch. Sorta like how they get car windscreen wipers to always go back to the right (...) (18 years ago, 11-May-06, to lugnet.robotics)