 Robotics / 25768
25767  |  25769
Subject:
MOC-Articulated Arm Robot
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 1 Apr 2006 04:43:44 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hello everyone!
I have posted video and pictures of my articulated arm robot with grasping end
effector online.  I apologize for the poor video, many of you will recognize it
as Vision Command video.  It is my only source of creating digital video.

It took me about a month to complete, and I am very happy with it.  All my Lego
life I have been working on a good version of a robot of this type and I have
completed it.  I haven’t built anything for about six or seven years, but I
thought about it often and wished I could get back into it, so I took the time
and I am grateful that I did.  I hope you enjoy it

Details, details, details………

Programmable bricks: 2
RCX #1 runs the linkages and the turntable, and respective rotation sensors
RCX #2 runs the end effector and the three home touch sensor (stacked on
input 2)
Version: RCX 1.5
Motors: 4   (shoulder, elbow, turntable and end effector)
Sensors:
Rotation: 3   (shoulder, elbow and turntable)
Touch: 4   (shoulder home, elbow home, turntable home and end effector open)
Language: NQC
Interface: RCXCC

Time for me to go back outside to get some exercise, you should too!