 Robotics / 25715
25714  |  25716
Subject:
real science with Legos - Linear Light Source Reflectometry
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 8 Mar 2006 19:34:57 GMT

It’s a bit older, but I was browsing and came across this paper, which was presented at Siggraph 2003:

Linear Light Source Reflectometry

The Robotics device we used is called the Robotics Invention System 2.0. Further information is available at the Lego Mindstorms site.

For one iteration of LEGO control, I used the excellent development environment Not Quite C to program the motion of our LEGO Mindstorms robotics kit. Not Quite C was invaluable for understanding the operation and latency issues involved with the Robotics Control System. I later switched to the LEGO Mindstorms C SDK which can be found on the Lego Mindstorms site.