 Robotics / 25611
    Re: MOC: Working solar powered rover and geiger counter —Claude Baumann
   (...) Hey, your RCX power-on electronics challenged me to try to wake up the RCX by software. This is quite difficult, because if powered down, the RCX not only shuts down all its peripherical devices, but also sends the H8 micro-controller to (...) (19 years ago, 20-Feb-06, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: MOC: Working solar powered rover and geiger counter —Claude Baumann
   Measurements: normal RCX (no sensors, no motors, IR-off, no sound): 33mA in snooze mode : 25mA Not famous, but with solar panels to have or not have 8mA is the question. :) (19 years ago, 20-Feb-06, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: MOC: Working solar powered rover and geiger counter —Justin Fisher
   (...) Well I'm certainly impressed that you were able to get a (not insignificant) saving through software alone. (I use NQC and the lego firmware, so I doubt I could implement this - I think I'll wait for NXT before learning a new system :-). OTOH, (...) (19 years ago, 21-Feb-06, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: MOC: Working solar powered rover and geiger counter —Claude Baumann
   (...) Here for the gallery: (URL) firmware should be run with RCX 1.0 AC adapter plugged and weak batteries inside. The firmware immediately runs after download. Connect a motor or a lamp to output A. It will start blinking for demonstration. Now (...) (19 years ago, 21-Feb-06, to lugnet.robotics)