 Robotics / 2558
    Re: IR Port as Proximity detector. —Simen Svale Skogsrud
   (...) value of (...) I usually send SendMessage(255) because I somewhat believe that it would be the value containing most "energy" (because then all bits in the byte are ones). Maybe someone who knows the innermost secrests of the RCX can tell us (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: IR Port as Proximity detector. —David Chen
     (...) As far as I know (from the Mindstorms Internal page's info), the SendMessage(x) function doesn't send just one byte, but a whole string of them as part of a simple protocol "wrapper" around the x's value. By sending any byte as x, you are (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: IR Port as Proximity detector. —David Chen
   Yeah, checked on Lego Mindstorms Internal Page. According to the info quoted below, the single byte message is wrapped in a simple protocol "wrapper". Much of the data is actually the wrapper, 8:1 I think. The 0's actually represent the light pulse, (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)