 Robotics / 25449
RE: Why java is (not) bad for Mindstorms
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 24 Jan 2006 08:34:39 GMT

dan miller wrote:

I agree.  I think the barriers are artificial, and really
only benefit those
who might prefer their alchemy to be abstruse and difficult
to master.  It
allows them to be high priests of the inpenetrable incantation.

Mathematics didn't flourish beyond a very small, gifted and privileged
minority, until people stopped trying to use Roman Numerals
to calculate.
Similarly, I suspect we will see a day when literacy in
computing -- ie,
ability to program computers -- is ubiquitous among any population not
stricken by war or poverty.

   You should try very high level math...  So yes every
effort should be made to ease learning but definitel, as
others said, one language won't fit everyone needs, because
those needs can really be way too different.

Laurent

-- IMPORTANT NOTICE: The contents of this email and any attachments are
medium.  Thank you.