 Robotics / 25448
    RE: Why java is (not) bad for Mindstorms —Laurent Desnogues
   (...) Wrong :) For two reasons: - a JIT is quite complex if you want to really gain something and requires too much memory (remember the NXT only has 64 KB of RAM); - JIT and real-time are not good friends... On top of that, a carefully implemented (...) (18 years ago, 24-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Why java is (not) bad for Mindstorms —Alexander Sack
   (...) I believe there are JIT for J2ME environments which can be as low as 128KB of RAM. I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm just stating that the JIT technology is applicable to embedded systems and the argument of "its too complex" doesn't always (...) (18 years ago, 24-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)