 Robotics / 25387
    Re: Why Java for Robots (was NXT and bluetooth enabled phones) —PeterBalch
    Bruce (...) Ermm. How much does a NXT have? No doubt you think that everyone should buy one of your systems but far more NXTs will be sold. Lookng at the posts on other robotics newsgroups, I reckon that over 90% of home-made robots do not have (...) (18 years ago, 19-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Why Java for Robots (was NXT and bluetooth enabled phones) —Bruce Boyes
     (...) Why do you say that? I thought we were discussing Java on robotics. You said Java for small robots was not practical. I presented our system as but one implementation which works. (...) That's the total *available* memory. The JVM is in (...) (18 years ago, 19-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Why Java for Robots (university vs hobbyists) —Bruce Boyes
   (...) Maybe we are at cross purposes here. You may be right, that for many hobbyists, Java is too advanced and complex, and since their needs are simpler, C is more than enough. Ease of use and low cost is probably more important than computing (...) (18 years ago, 19-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)