 Robotics / 25327
  Re: Why java (or other langs) for Robots

Dan (...) structures (...) youngsters for (...) You almost had me convinced there for a moment. 4GLs are wonderful for quick "I wonder if this will work" programs. And that's exactly what most of the robot we build are. But such languages require a (...) (18 years ago, 18-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Why java (or other langs) for Robots

(...) .. (...) heh, I'll keep trying. (...) Well I agree halfway. Small interpreter kernels like Lua can fit easily into the 256K flash. The programs themselves are typically very compact. The really scarce resource will be RAM -- 64K is quite (...) (18 years ago, 19-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)