 Robotics / 25105
  Re: new Mindstorms servos?

(...) Hi Steve, I disagree here. Going at right angles, along with the gear reduction makes it much easier for me to build tracked or wheeled vehicals. Even more so when the odometry is taken care of. (...) That is excellent - additional torque on (...) (18 years ago, 11-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: new Mindstorms servos?

(...) micromotor assembly, then this is probably a space saving. And it is most definately a saving in complexity. Hmm... If the rotation sensor is directly connected to the motor, then it can't detect rotation when the motor slips (e.g., you've got (...) (18 years ago, 14-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)