 Robotics / 25011
    Re: mindstorms NXT and memory —dan miller
   (...) Just FYI, I programmed an ARM chip over 10 years ago (so it must have been a less powerful one than this). The assembly code was surprisingly clean, simple, and powerful. ARM is a great architecture. Something like BrickOS with a GNU C (...) (18 years ago, 9-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: mindstorms NXT and memory —Kyle McDonald
     (...) I agree. When the RCX was found to have limitations in the enthusiast community I can't say I blamed LEGO that much. With the RCX they didn't know they were going to have a market with hobbyists anywhere near that size. Now we have the NXT. (...) (18 years ago, 9-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)

         Re: mindstorms NXT and memory —Steve Lane
     In lugnet.robotics, Kyle McDonald wrote: If there was a $400-$500 RCX available at (...) Just to play devils advocate for a minute, but you don't know how many adults need the upgraded version. Some of the truly hardcore users hang out here but they (...) (18 years ago, 9-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: mindstorms NXT and memory —Jordan Bradford
   (...) You forget LEGO already did that with the Scout in the Robotics Discovery Set. But perhaps it was too limited for people to want to buy it. If the NXT has a memory expansion slot inside it that would satisfy quite a few people I think. (18 years ago, 10-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics, FTX)