 Robotics / 24983
    Re: Mindstorms NXT programming languages —William Grant
   (...) The bytecode interpreter on the RCX/Spybot is somewhat simpler than Java, I am pretty sure. (...) Lejos is a small Java VM, yes. As you say, whether a proper(ish) one is feasible depends on what access we have to the flash memory (64kb isn't (...) (18 years ago, 8-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Mindstorms NXT programming languages —Juergen Stuber
   Hi William (...) not much actually for the subset that Lejos implements. The most complex part of Lejos is the scheduler (multiple threads, waiting on monitors). W.r.t. speed we are faster, but the standard firmware has a more uniform timing. (...) (...) (18 years ago, 12-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)