 Robotics / 24928
  Re: new Mindstorms servos?

(...) From the picture, that is connected as an input, and the video posted by Yann shows this rotating under NXT control. It looks to me like it can be EITHER a rotation sensor or motor, but not both.... (18 years ago, 7-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: new Mindstorms servos?

(...) I spotted somewhere a mention of closed-loop controllers, which would mean that the motor *is* the rotation sensor. I expect the handle was installed to make it easier to manually adjust and test the mechanism and that the rotation sensing (...) (18 years ago, 7-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)