 Robotics / 24742
  4x4 Buggy

I've benn working on this ( (URL) ) 4x4 buggy with LDraw, but before buying the pieces I'm missing to actually build it I wanted to know if you had any ideas on how to brace the RCX to the robot's structure without lowering the ground clearance BTW (...) (19 years ago, 21-Dec-05, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: 4x4 Buggy

(...) Sweet idea! I've been looking for a design that might work well outdoors, this could be the germ of it. (...) Looks like you need a superstructure of some kind. You can go up pretty high as long as you leave the RCX itself towards the bottom (...) (19 years ago, 21-Dec-05, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: 4x4 Buggy

Hello all, I've been reading this list for a while now, and this is my first response, if it comes through :) (...) Basically, the idea for your chassis is sound. However, there are a few improvements possible. You say you don't want to lower the (...) (19 years ago, 21-Dec-05, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: 4x4 Buggy

(...) What do you exactly mean by this? (...) Because, since it's supposed to go on rough terrain, I'd like the electronics as far away from ground as possible to prevent any kind of damage. Reckon I'll have to buy extra universal joints (they are (...) (19 years ago, 22-Dec-05, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: 4x4 Buggy

(...) Luca, Very nice drawing. To secure the RCX all you need is a couple beams that run along the bottom, and you can use a couple vertical beams (six stud long) to pin into the holes on the side of the RCX. (...) This may be a small problem, but (...) (19 years ago, 22-Dec-05, to lugnet.robotics)

  Square wheel vehicle update? Any success?

Has anyone had any success (and online picture/video) with a Lego square wheel model? Thanks Bruce (19 years ago, 22-Dec-05, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: 4x4 Buggy

(...) I had that doubt too, but don't you reckon that the distance between the right and the left wheels will help? The further away they are the slower and more powerful is the steering. Also, even if the RCX limits the current to each port, won't (...) (19 years ago, 22-Dec-05, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Square wheel vehicle update? Any success?

(...) Yep ! (2 URLs) (19 years ago, 22-Dec-05, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: 4x4 Buggy

(...) At most, you won't have the [probably negligible] losses of a transmission. However, if the output is limited to, say, 1A, there's no magical way the sum of currents all motors will exceed 1A. Maybe if they aren't running near that current, (...) (19 years ago, 23-Dec-05, to lugnet.robotics)