 Robotics / 24720
    Re: How much weight can a LEGO chassis carry around? —Mr S
   Dan, I remember seeing this robot. I didn't remember that you built it, but its impressive. OT Comment: Can't use $ony products anymore though I think you underestimate the ability of Lego for strength. Construction techniques make it possible to (...) (19 years ago, 10-Dec-05, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: How much weight can a LEGO chassis carry around? —danny staple
    If they can build bridges that can take a few something like 28-30 kilos of weight, then handling a laptop is not impossible. It would really be a matter of doubling up load-bearing beams and supporting them with the right structure, being aware of (...) (19 years ago, 10-Dec-05, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: How much weight can a LEGO chassis carry around? —Amnon Silverstein
     I built a laptop roving wireless web controlled robot 4 or 5 years ago. Check it out at: (URL) (19 years ago, 11-Dec-05, to lugnet.robotics)

         Re: How much weight can a LEGO chassis carry around? —Mr S
     Amnon, Wow, you beat me to the goal by miles.... but I will still probably do this, just because... its a Lego thing :) (...) (19 years ago, 11-Dec-05, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Heavy load on LEGO chassis over uneven ground —Mark Bellis
   (...) Another thing to consider when carrying so much weight is the gear ratio and motor power required. An under-powered robot with excess shaft friction will not drive in a straight line! I built a strong robot chassis a few years ago using 12V (...) (19 years ago, 11-Dec-05, to lugnet.robotics)