 Robotics / 24693
  Re: Design

I do remember seeign something very similar to this during my studies, except it was a genetic alogorithm based on rounds in an arena. The genomes would gain fitness by being able to push their opponent out of the ring. Some of the most sucessful (...) (19 years ago, 8-Dec-05, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Design

(...) Another story like that - relating to neural networks - is of a busy Japanese subway system where they wanted to prevent overcrowding of platforms at the stations. The story goes that they planned to hook up a camera with a computer observing (...) (19 years ago, 8-Dec-05, to lugnet.robotics)

  Those Silly AI programs (was: Design)

My favorite: A neural net was trained to recognize tanks. It worked perfectly on all the test data, but failed completely on real data. To create the test data, they shot pictures of some tanks, and some pictures of cars and other non-tank vehicles (...) (19 years ago, 9-Dec-05, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Those Silly AI programs (was: Design)

(...) An interesting article on robotics and AI appeared in the FT today starting with "intelligent robots are here" or some such. The link is: (URL) is a Dan Millar who works (or used to) at Carnegie Mellon University -are you one and the same? Do (...) (19 years ago, 9-Dec-05, to lugnet.robotics)