 Robotics / 24688
Re: Design
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 7 Dec 2005 20:21:00 GMT

Message text written by steve
He'd hoped for some kind of interesting locomotion to 'just evolve'.
What actually happened was that his creatures evolved into enormously
tall blocks with no brains whatever.
He patched up his algorithm in a variety of ways - but each time,
his creatures would evolve into some totally un-interesting form
that would win by exploiting loopholes in his testing scheme.
He even ended up with creatures that collected energy by exploiting
bugs and roundoff errors in his physics simulation!

I love it! Is it really true? Do you have a reference?

Peter