 Robotics / 24670
  Re: Design

(...) I had a question from a student the other day (I teach Biophysics at a university) who asked why engineering doesn't follow the same mechanism as evolution (if evoution works so well, why not emulate it?). The brief answer is becuse, for (...) (19 years ago, 6-Dec-05, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Design

(...) There are many answers to that. One is that evolution *IS* used in some fields of engineering. Genetic algorithms have been used in many situations. I myself have used a genetic algorithm to develop a program that can recognise buildings in (...) (19 years ago, 7-Dec-05, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Design

--- steve <sjbaker1@airmail.net> wrote: ... (...) This is fascinating stuff -- did the fellow publish? Any pointers to his work would be greatly appreciated. It ties in directly with some research I've been doing on reversible physics and (...) (19 years ago, 7-Dec-05, to lugnet.robotics)