 Robotics / 24643
  Re: Design

Bruce (...) getting (...) Tee hee! I seem to have stirred things up a little :-) (...) These are extremely artificial environments. The problems are far easier to solve than the "getting stuck behind the sofa" problem. (Ask any AI researcher "how (...) (19 years ago, 3-Dec-05, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Design

Peter, Carrying on from my last post, you are right, AI research has done little despite its claims and researchers. The mighty cockroach still defeats the AI world. I don't think that is reason to despair, but personally, I look at it as a reason (...) (19 years ago, 3-Dec-05, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Design

(...) I think there may be a fundamental reason why the commonplace research robot is unable to come close to the behaviour of the average housefly - sensor density. Most research robots have highly individual sensors, many of which are very good (...) (19 years ago, 3-Dec-05, to lugnet.robotics)