 Robotics / 24600
    Re: Mindstorms on Slashdot —danny staple
    While I personally love to see that, I just dont see them putting their neck out on that one. As stated before, we (AFOLs and advanced users) are barely a blip on the register of the bean counters, and it is to them that any business development (...) (19 years ago, 29-Nov-05, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.dear-lego)

        Re: Mindstorms on Slashdot —dan miller
   this may sound a bit dumb, but give it a few seconds of consideration (and try to supress your own prejudices): One of the problems with being an AFOL is that the bright, happy colors of Lego pieces make everything look like a preschool toy. If I (...) (19 years ago, 1-Dec-05, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Mindstorms on Slashdot —Steve Lane
   (...) That's a very interesting point "should Lego allow others to make Mindstorms pieces". It would mean a big culture change. On the one hand they could lose sales to an outside company, but on the other hand they could generate sales by selling (...) (19 years ago, 2-Dec-05, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Mindstorms on Slashdot —John Barnes
   (...) Steve brings up some very interesting points here, some of which I am already familiar with. As far as TLG is concerned, I talked with folks like Brad and Jake some years ago about the company's attitude toward my plans for making and selling (...) (19 years ago, 2-Dec-05, to lugnet.robotics)