 Robotics / 24556
Re: ANN
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 24 Nov 2005 16:23:19 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Thomas Chesney wrote:
   Some time ago, I’m sure I saw someone mentioning using an Artificial Neural Network in their robot. If you have used an ANN would you post details and maybe even post your code?

Thomas

With only 3 inputs, there’s probably little justification for using an ANN in a Robot, but that’s no reason not to try. The most obvious application is categorising something the robot somes into contact with. My son has 3 blocks - green cube, yellow pyramid and blue cylinder. An ANN could be used to try to identify each. Training would involve ‘showing’ the robot each several times and under slightly different lighting conditions, using a button on a rotating arm to measure size.

Has anyone tried something similar (using any technique)? Has anyone got an NQC implementation of the signoid function???

Thomas

(Computers are down at work today - too many posts!)