 Robotics / 2445
Re: Pneumatics and MindStorms
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 7 Jan 1999 01:47:56 GMT

Check out http://www.weirdrichard.com
Click on "Activities" and then "Lesson Five".

Lots of non-claw pneumatics ideas and one of Matt's Spider,
which doesn't sound like a four-wheeled robot, but still
uses pneumatics to move the legs.

Re: the thermistor.  You may need to put it in a tube
like the lego version in order to directionalize the
temperature reading.  Or maybe not -- I'm just guessing.

Robert Wallace
robertw@netcom.com

"Kevin A. Saddi" wrote:

Currently, I have the pneumatics from the Search Sub and planning to get
more cylinders, tubing, and a compressor. Does anybody have ideas that
they would like to share about implementing pneumatics into robots other
than using it for claws/hands (I think I'm a little tired of makin'
those :P)? Such as using pneumatics for legs on walking robots,etc. I
once saw some guy's webpage that had info on a project of his that used
pneumatics to actually POWER his four-wheeled robot...Got link?

BTW, this has nothing to do w/ the subject but The Temp Sensor...I don't
know if mines operating correctly but the temparature only changes when
you actually touch the thermistor head... Is it supposed to do this or
is the temparature supposed to change without a contact of the
thermistor (eg: you put it in a freezer)?? Enough of my rambling!! ;P

--
Kevin A. Saddi
kevin-saddi@iname.com