 Robotics / 24448
Re: Light Sensors in parrallel
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 8 Oct 2005 12:40:36 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Ludo Soete wrote:
Hi,

I do have a question for the upcomming LW2005 (Holland).

We will have a train track with a metro on it, always running in the same
direction. We have 2 stations, one on the surface and the other one
'underground'.
I builded me a printed cirquit board with almost the same electronic as in the
train speed regulator, BUT, have the capability tho adjust the speed with a BCD
coded input (need to be tested!). This input is controlled by the 3 motor
outputs from a RCX. I would like to use 2 light sensors per station. When the
first one is activated, the train starts to slow down. When the second one is
activated, the train stops in the station. So this means that i need 4 inputs on
my RCX, But there are only 3 inputs. My idea is to place 2 light sensors in
parrallel, the one's that detect the train in the station.
Is this possible?
If not, any other idea to solve the problem?

Regards,
Ludo

Hello Ludo,

Since you already built electronics for that project maybe you will like Daniele
Benedetelli IRPD: http://unitutor.unisi.it/~danny/Sharp%20IRPD.htm . You can
mount three such sensors on a single RCX output and even know which one fired.

See you soon in LW ;o)

Philo