 Robotics / 24389
    Re: Rotating through a four-bit nibble —Jordan Bradford
   (...) Understand what better? Binary math? No problems with that! By "backwards" I meant that multiplication and division by powers of 2 are usually changed to shift L/R by compilers. Also, I am amused that because the firmware doesn't use the (...) (19 years ago, 22-Sep-05, to lugnet.robotics, FTX)

        Re: Rotating through a four-bit nibble —Kevin L. Clague
   (...) Kev (...) Nice to hear from another bit twiddler.... (...) I do find it ironic that the firmware suports bitwise AND and OR, but not XOR, and also not shifts. Gack! Well, at least we're not having to use loops to add things to themselves to (...) (19 years ago, 22-Sep-05, to lugnet.robotics, FTX)

        Re: Rotating through a four-bit nibble —Jordan Bradford
   (...) With that limitation we'd be creating a register (or Turing) machine simulator, too. It would be interesting to see a real-world processor that only has increment and decrement instructions. I'm thinking the LEGO firmware doesn't support these (...) (19 years ago, 29-Sep-05, to lugnet.robotics, FTX)