 Robotics / 24357
Re: Speed Computer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 12 Sep 2005 06:31:37 GMT

John Barnes wrote:

I have had one for a couple of years and I use it for one purpose only, dyno-ing
motors - to obtained matched pairs or quads for robot chassis. Built with
matched sets, robots drive a lot straighter than they do with mismatched ones.

With a rotation sensor and an RCX, you can do the same thing for free with
a four or five line NQC program.

In fact, you can do better.

With two rotation sensors and an RCX you can dyno two motors at the same
time - guaranteeing that you have the exact same battery conditions for both
runs.

HomeEmail: <sjbaker1@airmail.net>    WorkEmail: <sjbaker@link.com>
HomePage : http://www.sjbaker.org
Projects : http://plib.sf.net    http://tuxaqfh.sf.net