 Robotics / 24200
Fw: Thoughts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 30 Jul 2005 20:25:25 GMT

Well...
I can give you a little help in the 4th question... I've been in a summer
course on Mindstorms (which turned out to be of little interest, as we only
programmed using the RIS programming language...) and, on the very last day,
we started using a little Java... From what I've heard from people who
spend
their lives programming robots, the 2 "most important" languages for
programming Mindstorms are Java and NQC... And between those two, Java has
more capabilities than NQC. That's why a lot of people I met stopped using
NQC and started using Java... I have never learned how to program in Java,
so I don't use it... But I've been using C for some time and I'm starting
use NQC... Maybe I'll change to Java, in the future ;-)
Best regards,
João Pedro

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andrew G. Meyer" <agmlego@gmail.com>
To: <lego-robotics@crynwr.com>
Sent: Saturday, July 30, 2005 8:38 PM
Subject: Thoughts

Some things that I've been pondering:
1. Has anyone created Lego-compatible solenoids?
2. Would a Lego hovercraft be feasible?
3. Where can you get a complete Cybermaster set that is in North America?
4. Is Java a useable language for Mindstorms, and what firmware would you
need
to use it?
I've been out of school now for about 30 days, and have had nothing to do
but
think and play with Legos. Well, OK, there were other things, but those
don't
apply here.

Andrew Meyer