 Robotics / 241
Re: Newbie Question.. FAQ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 4 Nov 1998 20:20:32 GMT

Kekoa Proudfoot writes:
The Lego Mindstorms Internals web page does have a lot of duplicate
information, but it leaves out a lot of basic information and it does not
really provide an easy way to scan for answers to specific questions - you
basically have to read the whole page to see if it contains your answer or
not.

Suggestions gladly entertained.

Well, the main things that are missing are:

1) general information about various topics, written for a wide audience,
   to provide an introduction to the concepts, ideas, and issues useful to
   know about - to bring new people up to speed.
2) organization beyond the list of high-level categories currently on the
   page - to make information easier to find; an index would also be nice.

The FAQ outline being tossed around is a good starting point for an outline
for the Mindstorms Internals page also.  I see an FAQ and the web page
serving the same audience, so if the web page gets updated, I see this as
being the best of both worlds.

More on this later, maybe, it's time to go eat lunch.

-Kekoa