 Robotics / 2409
Re: Datalog in Delphi
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 6 Jan 1999 08:34:13 GMT

I want the ldraw.dat for that one!!!!!!

I wish I had your IMAGINATION..
please.. if you have a ldraw file.. share!

-----Original Message-----
From: Simen Svale Skogsrud <simen@mop.no>
To: LEGO Robotics List <lego-robotics@crynwr.com>
Date: Wednesday, January 06, 1999 1:27 AM
Subject: Datalog in Delphi

I have made a simple 25dpi monochrome scanner with my kit. Using NQC i have
written a small program for the RCX that advances the scanner one line and
reads aproximately 170 samples from the light-sensor while running it on a
carriage over the image. These samples are stored in a datalog which a
Delphi application on my PC then downloads before telling the RCX to go on
scanning the next line.

I have trouble getting the RCX to send the whole datalog in one transfer.

I do like this:

First I ask the RCX how many samples it got by reading the first entry of
the datalog:

   scanline := Spirit.UploadDatalog(0,1);
   datamount := scanline[2,0];

this is typically 170-180. If I then ask the RCX to upload it all by
writing

Spirit.UploadDatalog(1,170) // or any other value more than 50

i get an empty array as result. I have gotten around this by uploading it
in chunks smaller than 50 entries. This works well, but I can see no reason
why this should be, it is probably sub optimal as well. I find no
references to this problem in the Spirit documentation from Lego. Any
ideas?

thank you
Simen

BTW: Thanks to Dave and Mark for NQCC and RcxCC. I just got my kit and
wasted just about 3 minutes on the Lego software. It is scandalous. My RIS
would probably collect dust in the back of my closet by now if it werent
for your elegant pieces of software - and I wouldnt be out in the toy-shops
stocking up on expensive lego-kits on every oportunity. TLG should send you
both a fair amount of money and include your software on their next
release.
-
Simen Svale Skogsrud; Producer, Medieoperatørene as
phone: +47 22 99 27 35; mobile: +47 90 77 90 24;
fax: 22 20 64 21; Corp. web: http://www.mop.no
-
Filmsuksess på nettet:
http://www.filmredaksjonen.no