 Robotics / 24082
Re: Artoo beep sequences for RCX
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 18 Jun 2005 14:52:53 GMT

Quick update: I just did some fiddling in NQC to try to make Artoo-themed
sounds,
if anyone else is interested, here's a beep sequence I did:
http://home.earthlink.net/~stuff.tm/NQC/-r2-2.nqc

Usual disclaimers apply - it was a day ago that I started learning NQC, I didn't
have any R2D2 recordings to go from for this, just memory, and I have no ear for
sound, but still I think it's breaking out of the flat pager-tone beeps,
becoming more interesting and alive-sounding. I guess sounding more alive is the
sought-after quality, not necessarily R2D2, R2D2 is just a really good example
of that. I think I'll also try making some elements slightly random for variety.

Is there a library anywhere of sounds that people have developed? I've never
heard anyone else's RCX programs, I'm curious as to what people have done with
sound. More to the point, I'm curious as to what people who are far more skilled
than me, have done :-)