 Robotics / 24054
  Re: BT in robotics

(...) Use the data capability of the phone to set up their equivalent of an IP connection. On my TMobile phone this is painfully slow, under 100 kbits at best, often less than 50 kbits, even when literally next door to a cell. I did some tests with (...) (19 years ago, 3-Jun-05, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: BT in robotics

Bruce, 1. TMobile does have a flat rate for data at $19 /mo 2. Is there really interest anymore in RS-232 Bluetooth modules? I used to have a conact at BlueUnplugged.com and he was almost willing to give them away, because they weren't selling. 3. (...) (19 years ago, 5-Jun-05, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: BT in robotics

(...) That's happened since we got our office contract. I'll check into it, thanks. If it's $19 for as much as you can stand to use, that's not so bad. We were paying $10-$20 for a couple of megabytes per month. But the phones are so slow I don't (...) (19 years ago, 5-Jun-05, to lugnet.robotics)