 Robotics / 23940
Re: ROBOLAB - RCX simulator?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 29 Apr 2005 21:11:13 GMT

--- Joe Greene <white_volg@yahoo.com> wrote:

Quasi Cognizant thought... if the object was designed in LDraw/MLCad and
then
was imported to Blender, maybe a converter could be made for BrickCC to
Perl to
apply  generate the motion sequences for Blender, which could then be
assigned
to parts and if you had all of your relationships correct in Blender it
could
then simulate the motion. It would require having all the parent->child,
rotation axis  btis put in right for the model. A lot of work, true, but
it's
the best I can suggest short term.

wow, I had no idea Blender went open source.  They have a game/physics
engine, but its not clear to me how well supported it is.  Ill definitely
look into it.

dbm