 Robotics / 23833
Re: caster wheel design
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 7 Apr 2005 11:39:54 GMT

you can use omniwheels, like the ones from Charmed Labs:
http://www.charmedlabs.com/productsmain.htm

They only sell the single-row ones, but the double-row ones
(http://omniwheel.com/omniwheel/omniwheel.htm) can be adapted to Lego robots quite easily.  You
can also combine two single-row ones to work like a double, but it's a bit tricky because the
relationship between the hub orientation and the positions of the small lateral coasters is random
(I think they just glue a little lego piece into the hub).

I've used both techniques to advantage in rather heavy robots, including one that carries a laptop
on its back.  Pix can be provided if anyone is interested.

-dbm

--- Patrick Levy <omiccron@uol.com.br> wrote:
Thanks everybody for the answers, but i think i will give up with the
caster... The robot will be very heavy... i think it wont work.. I will go
to a synchro drive aproach...

Thanks.

Patrick

"Patrick Levy" <omiccron@uol.com.br> escreveu na mensagem