 Robotics / 23828
Re: Land Walker
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 6 Apr 2005 20:27:08 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
In lugnet.robotics, Alberto Manuel Brandao Simoes
<albie@alfarrabio.di.uminho.pt> wrote:
Unfortunately it is not a walker. It does not walk at all. :)

I wondered about this, its stance did not appear to lend itself to walking, with
the hips so far apart, and the feet so far apart.

True, although as a "slider" it seems to work pretty well. I'm assuming there
are either wheels or some sort of treads in the feet. With the hips so wide, it
appears to have a modicum of stability, although the movement does seem to make
the entire structure wobble front to back with each step.

It is fairly impressive to watch it move, though.

- Kelly