 Robotics / 23822
Re: Interfacing CMU cam with RCX.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 6 Apr 2005 18:18:28 GMT

I'm having trouble finding the link, but at robogames I met a guy from Nasa involved in robotics
education.  He had a lego robot with a CMU cam, but he was using the charmed labs controller (see
this link: http://charmedlabs.com/discuss/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=80&)

It was a pretty cool demo.  The 'bot searched for an oarnge nerf ball, went over, grabbed it with
a claw, then searched for a green tower, brought the ball over, and dropped it.  Maybe Steve H or
someone there remembers this guy?  He was set up at the hall with lego & mini-sumo.

-dbm

--- Hakim@yahoo.com, UNEXPECTED_DATA_AFTER_ADDRESS@.SYNTAX-ERROR. wrote:
Hello fellas,

I would like to ask, has anyone tried interfacing a CMU cam with an RCX so that
the RCX functions as a tracking rover. Thanks.