 Robotics / 23801
Re: GBC 6 - the obsession continues...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 2 Apr 2005 12:49:24 GMT

"Brian Davis" <brdavis@iusb.edu> writes:
a module that successfully used the
Mindstorms tank treads (!) to lift the balls,

Damn, somebody beat me to that.

I just built a very similar beast over easter (my first GBC module),
in a studless design except for motors and base).
But I didn't yet get around to make nice pictures, only this one:

http://www.jstuber.net/lego/gbc1.jpg

It is really smooth and fast, never jams on 30 balls
(it does on 40) and takes about 10s to move them,
except for the last one which may take longer
to be caught between the threads.

The hardest thing was to prevent jamming, I use
a rotating lever that pushes back the balls at one side
of the funnel, so they queue up nicely on the other side.

Jürgen

--
NO to software patents -- stop the European patents directive

Jürgen Stuber <juergen@jstuber.net>
http://www.jstuber.net/
gnupg key fingerprint = 2767 CA3C 5680 58BA 9A91  23D9 BED6 9A7A AF9E 68B4