 Robotics / 23795
23794  |  23796
Subject:
Tripod Robots
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 1 Apr 2005 13:03:47 GMT

Hi all,
I am collecting information for building a page on Legged robots, and I am
just wandering if anyone here as ever heard of someone building a three
legged robot? Or are they really purely in the realm of SF?

I can imagine that one with the radial symmetry of the Geoff Wayne album
cover are unlikely (how would they balance), but possibly three inline
legs are possible.

Even a page on the theory of them may be helpful - I want to find out
about implementation styles, gaits etc..

I may try and build a couple with Lego to get a bit of research on it -
and I will be taking photos of my attempts.

I am also interested in one legged robots (generally hopping ones).

Cheers,
Orion
--
http://orionrobots.co.uk - Learn to build robots