 Robotics / 23655
Re: FLL not allowing NQC; Mindscript is allowed
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 11 Mar 2005 00:37:17 GMT

John Hansen wrote:
A rule change to allow non-LEGO programming tools that target the standard LEGO
firmware would certainly not decrease the pool of adult volunteers and in all
likelihood it would increase it at least somewhat.

And in the process, could possibly _decrease_ the number of kids
participating, who may feel that it's out of their league.  Can you
really say with certainty that wouldn't happen?  Even if you think you
can, I'll bet that LEGO and FLL aren't willing to gamble on that one.

And, as I've argued earlier,
it would also likely increase somewhat the pool of kids interested in
participating.  Isn't that a good thing?

If NQC _is_ to be allowed, then in my opinion, LEGO should do a lot more
to actually sell children (LEGO's target audience in the first place) on
the idea of using it.