 Robotics / 23602
    Re: RIS 2.0 Problems - Low Level Languages? —Steve Baker
   (...) You could certainly use assembler (and presumably hex) using brickOS but I don't think it's possible with the standard firmware. Of course a true 'Real Programmer' would just dump the firmware altogether and write to the bare metal. (...) (...) (20 years ago, 8-Mar-05, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: RIS 2.0 Problems - Low Level Languages? —Ross Crawford
   (...) Or if you really wanna reduce the memory use, compile your program as firmware that you can send using firmdl3 (like the BrickOS kernel itself, or LDCC). Although I must admit that BrickOS, if you use the kernel compile defines, can be made (...) (20 years ago, 8-Mar-05, to lugnet.robotics)