 Robotics / 2360
Re: Lugnet.Robotics
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 5 Jan 1999 20:21:04 GMT

"Earle Clubb" <eclubb@vt.edu>
I'm trying to access the Lugnet.Robotics newsgroup through a news reader,
but I can't find it on my reader's list of groups.  Does anyone know how to
access the group (not using the web interface at lugnet.com)?  Thanks.

"Michael Gasperi" <gasperi@alynk.com>:
It is not a usenet group.  Try this:
http://www.lugnet.com/news/display.cgi?lugnet.robotics

Michael,

   Correct -- it's not a Usenet group -- but it _is_ a real NNTP newsgroup
   and you _can_ access it through any newsreader.  The URL you gave to
   Earle is in fact what Earle already knew about and he wanted to avoid.

Earle,

   Try this:

   If port 119 doesn't work for you, try one of these alternate ports:

   Or, if you have a real newsreader (not Netscape's built-in one), the
   settings are:

      NNTP Server:   lugnet.com
      NNTP Port:     119

   (And if port 119 doesn't work for you because you're behind a firewall,
   you can try the alternate ports 8000 or 8080 -- after checking with your
   MIS department or syadmin, of course.)

--Todd