 Robotics / 2357
RE: 3DSMAX and RCX - (was A/W MAYA and Robotics)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 5 Jan 1999 18:58:47 GMT

Although I'm fascinated with your efforts to develop high fidelity
simulation tools using 3D Studio and Maya, I wondering whether this really
helps any of us that can't afford the $10K software and associated
workstations.

To that end, I'm wondering if anyone knows of a simulation language or
development environment that is relatively inexpensive that could be used to
accomplish the same objectives as those working with Maya or 3D Studio.  My
graduate research (not to mention my RCX and Rug Warrior Pro programming and
simulation efforts) could certainly make good use of such a tool.  My
current favorite simulation environment (Matlab 5.2) does not support (to
the best of my knowledge) multitasking (something critical to simulating the
simultaneous execution of the RCX program stacks, ie., sensor monitors,
program execution, etc.,etc.

Take care,
Carl