 Robotics / 23568
Re: FLL not allowing NQC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 6 Mar 2005 23:46:52 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Stephen Johnson <diordna@macintoshdevelopers.net> wrote:
Do you guys mind if I send them an email with some of your post
snippets? I'm probably going to be assistant-coaching an FLL team next
year, and I've never used anything *but* NQC, and I don't know how to
get RoboLab.

Not at all as far as any of my comments go. I can't speak for the other posters
on this subject of course. But I do think it is high time that FLL reviewed this
particular rule.

I have been asked a number of times if AFOLs would be interested in showing up
with an AFOL solution to the previous year's FLL challenge at an event like
BrickFest, and upon discussing this with other AFOL Mindstorms enthusiasts, find
there's no interest in something like this if they can't use NQC.

I think the addition of NQC to "the rules" would create a unification amongst
diverse groups of Mindstorms users which is long overdue.

JB