 Robotics / 23493
23492  |  23494
Subject:
Lift Systems
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 12 Feb 2005 17:22:24 GMT

I am working on a robot to be used for the 2005 Robot Ramble Science Olympiad
event. This challenge requires a lift system to raise objects under a pound or
two, a foot or more off of the ground. I have a claw designed, but am stuck at
the actual lift part. I have tried a gear rack and a roller track and with a
forklift-type pulley system. I have been unable to create an accurate, strong,
and tall enough system. One of the main problems is that the robot has to fit
into a cubic foot box at the start of the match, and my platform right now is
roughly 9-10" X 5" X 1-3". Also, my robot is fairly heavy at the moment, so the
lift has to have a high strength-to-weight ratio. I would like to make this
robot entirely out of Legos. Could someone give me a pointer to a site for lift
ideas, because our regional competition is the 19. Help is highly appreciated!

Andrew Meyer