 Robotics / 23483
RE: RCX Versions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 10 Feb 2005 01:42:08 GMT

Hi
In RCX 1.0 you can operate with external power  (there is a jack to power
supply)
RCX 1.5 not include the external power jack and is same 1.0 in the other
future.
RCX 2.0 is new hardware No External power jack,
After you download the firmware firm0328.lgo all of them is same (not
include the power)
I have the 1.0 1.5 2.0 and I love the 1.0 beq of the external power supply
Hope its help
ILAN

-----Original Message-----
From: news-gateway@lugnet.com [mailto:news-gateway@lugnet.com] On Behalf Of
Steve Dunn
Sent: Thursday, February 10, 2005 1:00 AM
To: lego-robotics@crynwr.com
Subject: RCX Versions

G-Day LUsers,
I just started playing with my RCX again after quite some time, and i feel
as if im out of date.
I never got my robot to get beer out of the fridge and open it for me.
I can't find any resources on the web to answer my question(s).
Can any one tell me the difference between v1.0, v1.5, v2.0 ?
I have RCX v1.0. What will the upgrade kits do for it ?
I know there are physical differences in hardware, what does this allow ?
Do the upgrade kits change the RCX ROM ? If so what bonuses do you get ?
Do the upgrade kits change the programing GUI ? if so is it only cosmetic ?
Can i run upgrade kit 2 on my RCX or do i need to run 1.5 first?

If this information is already available on the web, please forgive my
ignorance and post the link.

Thanks,
Steve

This message was checked by NOD32 Antivirus System.
http://www.nod32.com